For young parents, the appearance of a baby is always a very exciting moment. They are carefully preparing for family replenishment, trying to find things that will heal, develop, create comfort for the baby. Therefore, today the anatomical baby nest for newborns has become very popular. It can be used from birth to 4-6 months.
Osteopaths and Kinesio therapist note that such mattresses will give a healthy sleep to your baby, as well as provide a comfortable adaptation to the outside world, thanks to the special form of the “baby nest”.
What is a baby nest for newborns?
The mental and emotional state of the child have always been important aspects for young parents. Unfortunately, when a baby sleeps on a regular children’s mattress, it can be very stressed. For the most part it’s due to the fact that he’s not yet accustomed to the environment with other conditions for obtaining oxygen. During sleep on a regular mattress, the child is in a state of discomfort and stress, that’s why he can often wake up at night. Nest for newborns have anatomical form of the womb. When your child lies on this mattress, he gets familiar feelings of comfort and security. Thanks to the “Baby nest”, the child gradually gets used to our environment, without organizing sleepless nights for his fathers and mothers.
Benefits of baby nest
The baby nest for newborns has many advantages that will help your child develop without physical and emotional problems:
- Because of its structure, the cocoon-nest for newborns prevents the possibility of regurgitation, insomnia, colic and anxiety;
- The possibility of formation of plagiocephaly is excluded;
- Baby’s sleep is normalized, it becomes long and steady;
- The child gradually gets used to the environment without undue stress;
- Baby nest contributes to the harmonious physical development of the child;
- Creates conditions of comfort and maternal comfort day and night;
- The cocoon-nest for newborns is adapted for changing, carrying and feeding;
- Mattress has a positive effect on the development of motor skills, coordination, perception of external information in an infant;
- Improves the mood and emotional state of the baby.
What does a baby nest look like and what does it consist of?
Baby nest nest is usually sewn in the shape of a boat-drop. For the base, a regular mattress is taken and soft sides are sewn on the sides. The mattress is made of a hypoallergenic material (foam rubber), holofiber is taken for the sides (the height of the sides should be about 15 cm). The effect of the womb of the mother is achieved by tightening the sides at the baby’s feet with the help of long ribbons or cords. For the manufacture of mattress only environmentally friendly and non-toxic materials are used. For upholstery baby nest better to take 100% cotton pastel colors, which will not annoy the child.
How to make a baby nest with your own hands?
The baby nest has a fairly simple form and any person who has a sewing machine can sew it.
What is needed for tailoring the baby nest:
- Threads in the color of the fabric;
- Tailor centimeter;
- Foam filler for mattress base;
- Holofiber for sides;
- Safety pins;
- Chalk or solid soap;
- Satin ribbons;
- Cotton fabric;
- A large sheet of paper;
- Sewing machine.